Order from the Community Cafe
1) Pay for your order to reserve your meal.
2) Check "Write us a comment" and please list how many meals you would like.
3) Pick up your cafe order during the pick up window. The name on your donation will be the name on your order.
We invite you to pay what you can. Your donation helps keep our cafe working. Please do one of the following:
1) pay what you can afford, through entering a custom amount. Minimum payment is $1.
2) pay the suggested amount for each meal
3) pay the suggested amount, plus a little extra to donate to the cafe and pay for someone else's meal.
If you cannot pay the minimum payment, please contact us at to reserve your meal.
37 MILLION AMERICANS ARE FOOD INSECURE
People in food insecure households often do not have access to enough food in order to live a healthy life.
The area surrounding the Wimberly Center and Wimberly's Roots is a USDA identified food desert, meaning there is a limited availability of affordable, nutritious food.
Wimberly's Roots Community Café is a donation-based restaurant that serves healthy food to every person, regardless of their ability to pay. Your donation helps support our mission to create community through healthy food access.
We aim to increase food security, provide access to community food resources, and maintain dignity for everyone.
We ask guests to do one of the following, as it relates to payment:
1) pay what you can afford,
2) pay what you would typically pay, or
3) pay what you would typically pay, plus a little extra.
Our hours and dates of opening will be announced at a later time.
Our menu changes weekly, depending on what we are harvesting from the farm that week, so every visit will be a unique one!